CurtisSuperKid

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The "Lotion" Incident

The other morning while I was getting ready for work, I sent Curtis into his room to take off his pajamas and get some clothes out of his drawer. He went down the hall and shut his door. I dried my hair. Then I realized he had been gone a long time and it was very quiet. I still have the baby monitor on, so I was wondering, "Why do I not hear drawers opening and shutting?"

I called out, "Curtis, what are you doing?" The answer came back, "Nothing."
I said, "Did you get your clothes out of the drawers?" He said, "No."
I tried again, "Curtis, what are you doing?" Again, the answer was, "Nothing."
I decided it was time to walk down the hall and see what he was REALLY doing.

I opened the door and there Curtis stood. Naked. With a guilty look on his face.
Here's our conversation from there:
Me: "What are you doing, babe?"
Curtis: "Sorry Mom."
Me: "Sorry about what?"
Curtis: "I'm sorry I used your lotion, Mom"
Me: "What lotion?"
Curtis: "The lotion in that drawer." (He points to the top drawer of a three drawer Rubber Maid chest that I kept baby supplies in).
Me: "Show me."
Curtis then pulls out a large tube of DESITIN. I almost died laughing! Not wanting to embarrass him I kept it under control while saying, "Is your skin dry and itchy?" "Where on your body did you put this?" He had rubbed it on his hands, up his arms, on his chest and belly, and down his legs!
I had to use about twenty wipes to clean him off.

He kept apologizing. I kept saying, "It's okay. Mommy is not mad." I went on to explain that this is not the kind of lotion he thought it was. I showed him where his bottle of lotion was in his bathroom. I helped him get the real lotion on so his skin would feel better. LOL

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home